Friday 18 October 2013

Hello to anyone who reads this blog. First of all my name  is Bailey. This is the first blog I have ever done so please go easy on me if I screw up.

This blog has been made for a project for my Bible class. It is what my teacher, Mr. Hazeu, likes to call the Passion Project. What the Passion Project entails is that my fellow classmates and I get to choose something we find interesting and would want to pursue. It does not have to be school related so it could be skiing, harmonica playing, fixing cars, etc. With the passion you choose you are to have a goal or an end project to show to the class. An example of an end project would be if the passion you chose was cooking the end project you would bring would be a cake or a lunch for the class. An example of a goal would be if you chose skiing your goal would be to go down the most challenging hill by yourself. The good thing about goals is that you don't have to necessarily reach them by the end of the year. You could get close and that would still be okay. How my teacher Mr. Hazeu keeps track of our progress in our chosen Passion Project is by the blog we create, which obviously for me is this blog. At least once every two weeks we are to put an update on this blog about what we do to try to complete our goals. So at the very least I will update this blog every two weeks.

Finally the passion I have chosen is dog grooming. My end goal is to, hopefully, be able to groom at least one type of dog by myself. The person who will help me complete this goal, or try to, is my Mom.  My Mom owns a dog grooming business where she works as the head groomer. She has done this for many years and has lots of knowledge that can help me complete my goals. Also helping is my Father who has learned how to groom from my Mom and helps her on the weekend.

So the next post I'm going to be doing is actually tomorrow, where I start volunteering for my Mom to learn. I will also try to get some pictures of my day grooming for tomorrow's post. Until then...bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment